Smart Home – Introduction
What is Smart Home Automation?
Smart Home Automation is the programmed automatic monitoring and control of household functions. These include lighting, air conditioning & heating, garage doors, cameras, irrigation, pool/spa systems, audio/visual systems, motorized blinds, and more. A Loxone Smart Home adjusts the environment in your home based on your preferences with little or no further action from you.
If someone took away my Smart Home automation system I would pay anything to get it back!
Those who live with automation experience futuristic living, convenience, and peace of mind.
Is Smart Home Automation right for me?
As someone who desires to live NOW with innovation and convenience destined for the future, a Loxone Smart Home Automation is right for you. As a person who values energy and water conservation, living in a Smart Home is a great way to take action. As a property owner you can add Smart Home automation when remodeling or renovating. As an Architect, Interior Design expert or Lighting professional, you can add real value to client projects with elegance.
Seniors and others who have difficulty walking and moving around in their home can benefit tremendously from home automation.
Parents and pet owners are just a click away from seeing and hearing their little ones!
What can it do for me?
With Loxone Smart Home automation, you can:
- control any group of lights (or all lights) in your home with any Loxone Touch switch or timers
- specify color scenes for any occasion with RGBW light strips, ceiling spots, and pendants
- use your Smartphone to select lighting scenes when home or away
- change what any touch switch does anytime
- use the temperature and humidity sensors built into every Loxone Touch switch to manage your HVAC
- view cameras on your Smartphone after leaving your home
- receive an alert if a leak is detected in your home
- stream music from your Smartphone to any room in you home
- use your Smartphone to open or close your garage door
- adjust air conditioning and heating while on the way home
- tap the “Going to Work” scene on a Loxone Touch switch or your Smartphone to turn down the air conditioning, turn off all the lights, and turn on your cameras and alarm when you leave
- tap the “Arriving Home” scene to re-adjust the air conditioning, turn on outside lights, and turn on the music when you arrive
Your house will be efficient and simply sophisticated.
Can it really help me save money? What are some examples?
- Lights are programmed so they are never on more than they need to be, to turn off after a specified time interval, or turn off if presence is not detected.
- Dimmable lights are set to come on at less than 100% during specified times to cut energy usage.
- Air Conditioning is set to turn off when rooms are unoccupied or when a window is open.
- Power to devices that are consuming energy in standby mode such as chargers, televisions, and sound systems is completely shut off.
- Lawn and plants are irrigated with only the amount of water required based on local weather and soil moisture content.
- Closet lights turn off a few minutes after they go on, or when you close the door.
- Bathroom fans turn off 10 minutes after lights go off, or when the humidity drops back to normal after a shower or bath.
- Water leaks are detected before major damage.
- Loads can be automatically reduced when approaching peak power demand rate limits, when power reduction is requested by the power company, or to accomodate Time-of-Use pricing.